Monday, February 16, 2015

Reader Response to "Events at Drimaghleen"

Diary of Maureen McDowd, recovered three days after the incident

May 21st, 1985

It's not fair.
I told Lancy we have to stop seeing each other today. I've tried to find a way around it for weeks, the problem churning in circles in my mind. Every day at church I pray for a solution.
But it's his mother. She's as stubborn as a fence post.
We could run away. But neither of us have money. I haven't even brought it up to Lancy. I doubt he would even consider it.
We could just continue to date no matter what his mother says, no matter how my own parents feel. But I don't think that's an option either. In addition to being as stubborn as a fence post, I think his mother has a few marbles missing.
So tomorrow I'm going to bike over there and tell him in person. I already sent him a letter but I don't think that's enough. I just really hope his mother isn't there when I do. I really wish his mother was never there at all.
I keep thinking that there's a hunting gun we use that could make all my wishes come true, but I could never do it. It would be the ultimate sin. But still, I wouldn't mind if the good Lord came to take her sooner than we all anticipate.

No comments:

Post a Comment